Last Updated on
Antalya Airport (AYT) is the main international airport for the ones who are travelling to the Antalya region of Turkey including the popular holiday resorts of Kemer city center and neighboring resorts Beldibi, Goynuk, Camyuva, Kiris, Tekirova, Adrasan, Olympos and Cirali.
How to Get from the Antalya Airport (AYT) to your Hotel in Kemer and neighboring resorts?
There are several options for you to get from the Antalya International Airport to your hotel in the Kemer region. Below we gathered all the information and options and tried to explain them to help you make your decision regarding on your needs and budget.
* Distance – For your info, Antalya Airport is situated about 57 km. (1 hour) from Kemer city center, 40 km. (35 mins) from Beldibi, 50 km. (50 mins) from Goynuk, 65 km. (1 hour) from Kiris and Camyuva, 73 km. (1 hour) from Tekirova, 95 km. (1,5 hours) from Cirali and Olympos, and 104 km. (1,5 hours) from Adrasan.
* Turkish Liras – You can obtain currency exchange before traveling to Antalya or on arrival. We recommend you to obtain Turkish Liras (TRY ot TL) in Turkey as the exchange rates are usually better in Turkey and you can find exchange offices in Antalya airport and through whole Antalya resorts.
You can get TL from the many ATM machines located inside the Antalya Airport’s arrival, departure terminals and parking area. When you get Turkish liras we also recommend you to also have small banknots like 5 TL, 10 TL, 20 TL or 50 TL. You’ll need to use cash for your transfer as many of the transfer options will not accept credit cards. And TL will benefit you more than foreign curencies as you may be confused with the calculation and many times foreign currencies will cost you much.
* Your Hotel’s Address – We recommend you to have your accommodation address and telephone number with you. There is big number of hotels in the Antalya region so that you or taxi drivers may get confused. You may need to check your hotel address or call your hotel.
Taking a taxi to get to your hotel is another option. Taxi ranks are located outside the terminal so you should walk some. You should know that Antalya Airport is far away from the Kemer city center and neighboring resorts. According to the 2019 taxi fares for Antalya, the taxi-meter switch on price is 5,50 TL and 6 TL per kilometer.
There is no day and night difference. If we make a calculation, regarding you will take a local taxi from the Antalya airport to the resorts within an average distance of 70 km from the major Kemer resorts, the taxi fare for will be around 425 TL. You may calculate approx. taxi fare by using this formula. It may also cost you more depending where your hotel is, possible traffic and the taxi driver’s possible drive to your hotel from different long routes.
If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggages with you, than we recommend you take the other options below. But if you decide to take a taxi anyways, than we recommend you to take them from the official taxi ranks located outside the terminal and stay away from the hustlers inside the airport terminal. You may also find the annual taxi fare list at the official taxi ranks. We recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras, the taxi fares sometimes have big differences with the foreign currencies.
Buses and Public Transportation
There are several public bus services (Tel: +90 242 444 3 708) from the Antalya Airport. The public bus shuttle (No:600) operates in every 30 minutes between Antalya Airport and Antalya Intercity Bus Terminal (Otogar). The public bus shuttle (No:800) operates in every 2 hours between Antalya Airport and Antalya Lara district.
From the Antalya Intercity Bus Terminal to Kemer and neighboring resort, you need to take the minibuses from the Kemer Bus Terminal (not Antalya Bus Terminal), located on the west of the city.
Private Shuttle and Transfers
If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we highly recommend you to take private transfers for your hotel as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer to your hotel in the Kemer region. The public buses will bring you to at the Intercity Bus Terminal of Antalya and you’ll need to take a taxi or midibuses from there again which will harder for you with your kids and luggage. But private transfers drives you just to the entrance of your hotel.
When you take private transfers, the driver also meets you inside the airpot terminal with your name written on a plate. And he accompanies you for the transfer and also he helps you with your luggage like where to take them and even carry them to the shuttle. And as there is a fixed price, you will not have to worry or deal with price calculations.
Summary of all
Well as you see, there are several options to reach your hotel in the Kemer region from Antalya Airport and each has their own advantages. As a summary we can say and advice that;
* If you are travelling alone or a couple, and don’t have so much luggage, than you may take the public buses from the airport and reach Antalya Intercity Bus Terminal, and from there you may take a taxi or midibuses to reach your hotel, and it will be very tiring for you to get to your hotel.
* If you are travelling as a group of 4 people or more, or if you are a family with kids, than we recommend you to check the prices of airport taxis and reach your your hotel with them.
* And finally, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of making all above arrangements by your own and if you think feel like you may have troubles with them, than we recommend you to arrange your own transfer via Private Shuttle Service from Antalya Airport to all resorts and districts, so that you may feel comfortable and take a good service including your meeting by the taxi driver in the arrival hall (1 hour waiting is included), holding a plate with our names on it, carrying your luggages and bringing you to your hotel’s doorstep.
Private Shuttles to/from Antalya Airport – Kemer/Antalya
* As for private airport shuttle transfers, we highly recommend Tranigo (a Turkish company operating since 1996, and partnered with renowned names like Hertz, Thrifty, Budget, and many reliable and efficient local suppliers) as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel.
* They have variety of different and good models of cars ranging from Micro for 3 passengers to Minibuses for 19 passengers and also offer child seats. They met us inside the airport, helped with our luggage, brought us in front of the hotel and there also helped us with our luggage.
* Below you can click on the destination you need an airport transfer or make a search from the search box under to entire Antalya region to find the prefect private shuttle and transfer service from Antalya Airport (ATY) to your hotel in any Antalya resort and vice versa.
Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation. All prices include fees & tip.
- Antalya Airport <-> Antalya city center
- Antalya Airport <-> Lara
- Antalya Airport <-> Konyaalti
- Antalya Airport <-> Kemer city center
- Antalya Airport <-> Beldibi
- Antalya Airport <-> Goynuk
- Antalya Airport <-> Camyuva
- Antalya Airport <-> Kiris
- Antalya Airport <-> Tekirova
- Antalya Airport <-> Adrasan
- Antalya Airport <-> Cirali
- Antalya Airport <-> Olympos
- Antalya Airport <-> Belek
- Antalya Airport <-> Side
- Antalya Airport <-> Manavgat
- Antalya Airport <-> Alanya